LanzaTech’s unique multi-award winning technology captures and reuses waste carbon emissions as a resource for low carbon fuel and chemical production. This approach has no impact on land or the food value chain and enables sustainable economic growth for industry while promoting energy security. The company, named one of America’s most promising companies by Forbes Magazine in 2013 has received numerous sustainability awards including being listed on the Sustainia 100 in 2013 and the Global Clean Tech 100 for the past 3 years. LanzaTech currently holds the #2 position and the #4 position in Biofuel’s Digests’ Hot 50 rankings for bioenergy and Hot 30 rankings for renewable chemicals production.
LanzaTech has developed commercial partnerships with global companies in the Petrochemical business, including oil majors Petronas and Indian Oil Corporation, steel industry giants Harsco and Siemens VAI, chemical companies including INVISTA, and global transportation companies including Virgin Atlantic. These partnerships cut across the full supply chain – from resources through to end users, positioning LanzaTech to become a global leader in low carbon commodity fuels and chemicals.
About the role:
This position will be responsible for leadership, strategic vision and management of the IT department. The role will collaborate with other departments in a fast-paced entrepreneurial scientific organization to analyze and implement innovative business processes that improve the overall operational efficiency and produce results in support of the business strategy. The role also involves performing a variety of complex, technical, and administrative duties requiring a thorough knowledge of computer networks, cyber security, enterprise resource planning, software development and data management.
- Manage and develop IT staff including mentoring, training, evaluation and discipline. Responsible for prioritization, resourcing, and time lines.
- Ensure the continuous operation, proactive maintenance, monitoring and enhancement of the mission critical IT systems across multiple sites. Own the backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Provide oversight of helpdesk function. Ensure customer service excellence by monitoring tickets, ensuring responsiveness, communication, professionalism and reviewing feedback.
- Strengthen cyber security, perform risk assessments and implement strategic solutions that increase data safety and mitigate emerging security threats. Educate employees in the area of compliance and cyber security.
- Lead the scientific data management strategy. Interface with end-users to gather and define functional requirements, develop workflows and oversee the design and development of the propriety system. Manage the development of the scientific process control system and other in-house software tools.
- Responsible for support and development of the ERP system in alignment with the evolving business needs. Promote best practices, operational efficiencies and master data integrity. Identify and define opportunities to improve business processes and deliver solutions that eliminate manual handling.
- Manage SharePoint based intranet and content management platform.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of the Concur expense system
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices including security, disaster recovery, standards, change management and service provision.
- Direct software and hardware life-cycle management to minimize business risk in line with investment and acceptable risk tolerance. Oversee software licensing compliance.
- Serve as primary contact for external vendor interactions.
- Control IT budgets and expenditures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven leader with over 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Over 10 years’ experience supporting mainstream ERP systems, developing and implementing innovative solutions to accomplish business objectives. Some NetSuite experience preferable in the areas of SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, saved searches and reports.
- Must have advanced financial understanding and broad business processes experience relating to accounting, procure to pay, order to cash, inventory management, demand planning, manufacturing and project management.
- Proven cyber security background implementing measures such as user access management, firewalls and encryption, monitoring and auditing systems for violations, and executing corrective actions.
- Experience acquiring, translating, documenting business requirements and developing experimental workflows in a scientific organization.
- Understanding of agile software development and technologies such as SQL, C#, HMTL, CSS.
- Experience with Office 365, Microsoft active directory, windows servers, Hyper-V and networking technologies such SAN, switching, VLANs, routing and firewalls.
- Familiar with proactive monitoring, maintenance and capacity planning methodologies and tools.
- Experience with SharePoint content management, workflows and metadata.
- Proficient in administration and maintenance of the Concur expense system.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible availability for after-hours work.
- Ability to influence outcomes and focus on technology solutions that drives productivity.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.