LanzaTech’s unique multi-award winning technology captures and reuses waste carbon emissions as a resource for low carbon fuel and chemical production. The company, named one of America’s most promising companies by Forbes Magazine in 2013 has received numerous sustainability awards including the Guardian Sustainable Business and being listed on the Global Clean Tech 100 7 times. LanzaTech was ranked Biofuel’s Digests’ Hottest Company in the Bio economy in 2017.
Founded in New Zealand, LanzaTech has raised more than US$200 million from investors including Khosla Ventures, K1W1, Qiming Venture Partners, Malaysian Life Sciences Capital Fund, Petronas, Mitsui, Primetals, China International Capital Corp, Suncor and the New Zealand Superannuation Fund. The company has developed commercial partnerships with global companies across the supply chain – from resources through to end users, positioning LanzaTech to become a global leader in low carbon commodity fuels and chemicals.
About the role:
As the Senior Systems Engineer, your role will be responsible for the 24x7 operational integrity, performance, and stability of global ICT infrastructure and application environments. You will undertake other work including identifying opportunities for improvement, compliance, governance, security enhancements, proactive maintenance, monitoring, managing the software and hardware lifecycle. You will also be responsible for the helpdesk functions and provide break/fix support to the user base.
- Own the infrastructure and helpdesk functions of the IT department.
- Manage the server farm, migrations, software and hardware upgrades.
- Deploy, optimize and troubleshoot infrastructure devices such as network switches, SAN, Cluster, wireless, VoIP phone systems, backups and global VPN connectivity.
- Active Directory administration such as creating user accounts, mailboxes, distribution lists and managing user access permissions.
- Must be security focused and provide leadership in the areas of compliance, threat management and data governance.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve recurring and incidental support issues for end users.
- Provide remote support for uses travelling or based in the remote global offices.
- Support the mobility and conferencing tools.
- Support IT related components of scientific lab and plant operations.
- Proactive management and monitoring of firewall, backups, performance and capacity.
- Identify opportunities for service and system improvement.
- Manage vendor relationships in regards to operational issues and coordination of sustainable resolution.
- You will take ownership of the ITIL process, leading and supporting best practice methodologies relating to capacity, change, release, and incident management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education.
- Over 10 years WinTel systems experience.
- Strong experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print server functions.
- Strong understanding and experience with Hyper-V virtualization technology in a clustered server environment.
- Experience working with iSCSI SAN, Nimble experience is a plus.
- Over 5 years Cisco experience with advanced understanding of switches, subnets, routing, and VLANs.
- Must have experience supporting Microsoft office 365.
- Previous experience supporting SonicWALL firewall and virtual private network.
- Experience supporting VoIP systems, preferably Mitel.
- Exposure to SharePoint administration will be an advantage.
- Proven diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly and effectively solve end user issues.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Must be customer focused, have ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail-orientated.
- IT industry certification such as Microsoft and Cisco desirable.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.